Roles that come across our desk are so random and diverse that there is no real pattern! Anything from accounting and bookkeeping, admin, law, PR, marketing roles work to the wild and wonderful world of website design, business planning or anything else you can think of! Have a look back through our blog for examples of roles we have advertised.
The employers that work with us a Pointer are progressive companies that realise that the location of a fabulous employee shouldn’t matter. We have small to medium-sized businesses from all over Australia through to corporate organisations in the big cities.
Each role that we advertise is different. We have had part-time and full-time roles that have been contracts as well as permanent appointments. There have been short-term contracts and one-off jobs.
Of course, you can! It’s as simple as emailing us with the updates and we will ensure your profile is updated with your new credentials, desires or anything you think of!
How long is a piece of string? Our roles as so diverse and random that we cannot guarantee. For some candidates, it is a matter of hours or days and others months or potentially longer depending on the dream role you are seeking! As mentioned Pointer is a start-up company and we are really just sinking our teeth into the marketplace.
To ensure we have the highest calibre of candidates in our database, we vett every candidate as they register with Pointer. This streamlines the process for our employers to see who they will interview. Employers are encouraged to do their own reference checks before they hire one of our candidates, but our onboarding reference checks give the employer an idea about the candidates before they interview them.
Your profile is made up of your CV, reference checks and soft skills assessment preview. Unfortunately you cannot view your profile as such, but if you’d like to see any part of your profile at any time, let us know!
Unfortunately, at this stage, Pointer can only accept registrations of those who are registered in Australia for tax purposes. Watch this space!
- If you have poor phone service or Internet speeds and downloads, then Pointer is not a great place for you to try and find a remote role. Employers need these things to be able to connect with you easily and effectively.
- The roles we advertise are more often than not for qualified professionals with either tertiary or formal qualifications in their field. Unfortunately, candidates without qualifications and quality experience in the workplace are often overlooked for roles.
- Pointer is a start-up company, each day our database of potential employers and employees grows, however, we cannot guarantee a match will happen overnight or at all! We are up against a huge societal change in Australia, but we believe it is the way of the future.
- A larger percentage of the roles we advertise are part-time or contract based, which is a great way to add another “string to your bow” for self-employed or those looking for real flexibility.
- Once you have paid your registration fee, we will give you a call at your chosen time to say a quick hello!
- Next, we get in contact with your referees via email (the check takes your referee 5-10 minutes to complete) and we “package” this up on file alongside your CV for potential employers.
- We also encourage you to complete our free soft skills assessment. The preview (the first page) of this assessment that you receive upon completing the assessment, can be added to your Pointer profile.
- Once your profile is complete, we let you know.
- We start sending you roles that match your skill set!
- Any roles that you think you would love to be involved with, just let us know and we send the potential employer your “profile”. If they like the sound of you, they will get in contact with you directly to arrange an interview. If not, we will let you know that you haven’t made it to the interview stage.