” The growth of our business has resulted in an opportunity for an experienced Intermediate Accountant to take the next step in their career. We seek enthusiastic staff to assist in managing a diverse portfolio of clients on a range of compliance and business advisory and tax issues.
Build on your current accounting experience through exposure to a variety of small and medium sized businesses, mentoring and regular professional development including the CA program with generous study support.
This role is perfect for motivated graduates with at least 12 months experience in a professional firm, who are looking to take the next step in their career. Strong technical and organisational skills, interpersonal and supervisory skills are a key requirement of this role. CA/CPA qualified or working towards is highly regarded.”
Role title: Intermediate Accountant
Role type: Full time – multiple positions available
Preferable start date: ASAP
To assist the Partners and senior staff to care for a portfolio of clients on a range of compliance and business advisory issues.
The role may include all facets of accounting, taxation, computing consulting and other areas which from time to time could be expected to be carried out by an employee in your position.
Contribute to the supervision and development of graduate/undergraduate accountants.
General duties will include:
Attending to all general accounting requirements of companies, trusts, partnerships and sole traders, including:
– Accounts and BAS preparation
– Completion of relevant workpapers
– Budgets & cash flow forecasts
– Preparation of annual profit estimates
Assist the Partners and senior staff to care for a portfolio of business clients including assisting with:
– Preparation of business plans, appraisals and finance applications
– Evaluation of client accounting systems
– Other general small business requirements
Complete tax returns for individuals, partnerships, companies and trusts
Wages and PAYG Withholding:
– Preparation of annual PAYG summaries.
– Preparation of Workers Compensation declarations and estimate certificates.
– Payment of PAYG tax instalment for clients (as required).
– Contribute to the preparation of job budgets.
– Work with specialist divisions with the firm.
– Maintain knowledge of software packages used by clients.
– Keep abreast of technical changes and apply current requirements to client situations.
Role must haves:
– Strong attention to detail and QA documentation
– Positive attitude
– Self motivated and mature minded
– Analytical and logical
– A problem solver
– Ability to multi-task, organise and prioritise
– Ability to work effectively as part of a team
– A desire to exceed client’s expectations
– Excellent communication skills
– High level of computer literacy
– Ability to work well under pressure
If you’re interested in working remotely and you’re ready to take the plunge, click here and we can show you know how easy it is! Or if you’d like to sign up to our monthly newsletter, you do that here.
#remotework #workfromhome #flexcareers #workingflexibly #pointerremoteroles