At Pointer, we understand your postcode does not determine your suitability for a meaningful and stimulating job, we believe you can work from anywhere.
Pointer Remote are aware talented professionals live across the country and when employees have a work/life balance, they are a better performing team member. We are passionate about providing a platform to connect people with remote work so they can live where they want and work from anywhere. This creates an economic and social flow on effect for regional and rural Australia, and provides the opportunity for locations to grow and flourish.
Are you ready to work remotely ?
Remote work is a working style allowing professionals to work outside of a traditional office environment. It is based on the concept that work does not need to be in a specific place or location to be executed successfully. Working remotely can be stimulating, engaging and rewarding, but it is not for everyone. Interested to see if working from anywhere would suit you?
Click the button below to take our 'Remote Readiness' Assessment.
How Pointer Remote works
Pointer Remote assist you to find a job allowing you to work from anywhere, offering flexibility and that is matched to your qualifications and skill level.
When you register with Pointer Remote and also have the benefits of:
- Passive job seeking.
- Matching jobs emailed directly to you, no more scrolling job boards.
- Not negotiating for flexibility - all jobs are remote and flexible!
There is a one off sign-on fee payable $85 to join Pointer Remote.
Want to 'Go Remote'? Simply register, pay a one off sign-on fee ($85) then create your profile in the Pointer Remote platform.
Select the types of work you are looking for, the industries you are experienced in and upload your resume.
Job matches to your profile will be emailed directly to you. You choose to apply (or not!) and give employers access to your profile.
Get shortlisted, interview for the job, get an amazing offer and you're ready to start working remotely!
Current roles with Pointer Remote
Digital Tech Hub - Helpdesk Officer
Sharp Journalistic Writer
You’ll produce engaging, high-quality and reader-centric content for our client’s communications channels.
You’ll pick up the phone and - without any existing relationship - be able to interview, write and self-edit high-quality, engaging and reader-centric content for clients.
You’ll be able to take a single sentence and turn it into a 1500 word thought leadership piece.
You’ll be comfortable picking up different writing styles and brand voices. You’ll be familiar with researching on platforms, such as Factiva.
You’ll be efficient and driven to beat deadlines.
Content may consist of case studies, editorials, newsletter content, media releases, and longform technical articles.
- Proven working experience as a writer for at least 3 years
- Research experience using Factiva
- Significant exposure to rural and agricultural industries
- Exceptional interviewing skills
- Ability to write in different styles and brand voices
- Ability to follow strict deadlines
- Computer proficiency (Google Suite; digital editing)
- A love of writing and varied content
- Background in Journalism
- A genuine interest in rural, regional Australia
- Solid grasp of social media communications practices and SEO
- Project management such as Trello
- Communication tools such as Zoom
- Attention to detail, research skills and resourcefulness will be highly rated
Moorambilla Voices Board Member
Our company offers the combined benefits of a big firm including extensive networks, training and career opportunities – within a highly supportive, people oriented workplace. This combination provides a great environment to build & develop your skills and confidence. We work with our people to achieve their potential.
As a firm, we value;
- Integrity in everything;
- Supporting clients everywhere; and
- Developing and valuing everyone.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with all current, legal and accounting reporting standards;
- Prepare clear and concise work papers as evidence of work performed;
- Applies knowledge of the business environment within which the client is operating and how the client is positioned in the industry;
- Assists junior staff with work and acts as a mentor/buddy;
- Prepare income tax returns;
- Prepares documents for client meetings with Partner or Manage;
- Helps identify, research and resolve all complex accounting and taxation issues;
- Prepares and analyses management accounting reports; and
- Conducts tax compliance reviews of tax returns and FBT returns.
South Australian Regional Business Lead
As nbn moves from Build to Run, alongside a transforming industry, we are preparing for an exciting journey ahead as we seek to lift the digital capability of Australia. You will be presented with opportunities to have great impacts on nbn and your local community as we grow and evolve.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the nbn Local Team as a Regional Business Lead within nbn’s newly formed Regional Development & Engagement (RDE) business unit, reporting directly to the Head of nbn Local (SA).
* Please note, we are ideally looking for regionally based candidates across South Australia however will consider applicants located in other areas in SA.
A bit about the role
As an nbnRegional Business Lead, you will play a critical role within the nbn Local team. You will be accountable for strategically developing and leveraging strong relationships focussed on small and medium business (SMB) outcomes with government, industry, & community stakeholders within a defined region and in line with the region’s and overall national strategy. You will develop an SMB strategy within your territory that encompasses delivering a comprehensive SMB engagement program to lift the digital capability and participation in the nbn. You will support achievement of nbn’s rural and remote Business Segment initiatives, the delivery of nbn’s commercial objectives, including SMB understanding, positivity, and rapid take-up of business grade nbn services, and lift customer experience and brand reputation within this segment.
You will also lift SMB segment’s digital capability through engaging with key stakeholders to foster engagement within the RDE segment business programs addressing SMB and target industry verticals. Through collaborating with the team, you will identify and bring to fruition co-investment partnerships to optimise nbn’s network footprint within business areas. You will also work across other BU’s within nbn including Business Sales & Marketing, Government Relations, New Developments, RDE Segments RDE Strategy & Transformation and nbn Corporate affairs to facilitate these outcomes.
Your role will involve but is not limited to:
- Developing Digital Capability
- Supporting Local Performance
- Integrating with Local Business Community
- Developing Regional Infrastructure
A bit about you
The successful candidate will ideally be based in regional SA (other SA locations will be considered) and have extensive experience in Business Development, Industry Development or Business Channel Management roles involving complex stakeholder environments, preferably working in or with regional, rural or remote communities and have attained Tertiary Level qualifications in a relevant field. You will be a resilient and tenacious professional, passionate about regional Australia, with the ability to work collaboratively and strongly engage with internal stakeholders in a large matrix organisation, showing initiative and balancing competing demands. You will have a strong understanding of the small and medium business, especially within regional Australia, and the digital connectivity challenges they may face.
Highly developed interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with demonstrated experience working, engaging with, and presenting to external community, business, industry groups and local government is critical. The ideal candidate will have excellent influencing and negotiation skills and a strong track record of utilising a range of community engagement tools, techniques, and forums to achieve and exceed community engagement targets on a localised basis. Familiarity with current telecommunications technology developments and the Microsoft Office Suite is also beneficial. A valid Australian driver’s license is required to drive a tool of trade, pool car and/or commercial vehicle and there is an expectation of regular travel within this role.
An understanding of nbn’s Customers, Business, Products and Processes is highly desirable in this role.
Content direction will be provided for Newsletters, Updates to client groups, social media postings, Blog postings, articles for online and print publications.
- Understanding CRM with client groups, communications, campaigns, automation, templates
- Use of Mailchimp for Newsletters and their campaigns
- Research and writing assistance of articles, posts
- WordPress blogging
- Social media profiling including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and any others as required
- Project management such as Trello, Drive, Dropbox
- Communication tools Zoom, Skype, webinars
- Commitment to quality customer service
- Attention to detail, research skills and resourcefulness will be highly rated
Graphics, video and other resources are provided but oversight to ensure quality control and excellent client servicing are required.
If you do have graphic design and video skills and prefer to do your own we can discuss extending this work to you.
Bookkeeper (or Small Business Accounts Manager)
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations - assets and liabilities
- Preparation of end-of-month closing entries and monthly reports
- Asset and liability setup and onboarding
- Ability to work in a team environment and share tasks with other team members.
- The ability to efficiently and professionally interact with clients via email, face to face and telephone.
- Ability to self-manage
- Flexible working hours and arrangements for the right candidate
- Ongoing growth and development
Community Engagement Manager - 5 different roles
- Minimum Tertiary level qualifications in Business, Marketing, Community Engagement, telecommunications and or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in senior roles involving complex stakeholder management and business development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply highly developed influencing and negotiation skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with demonstrated experience working with external stakeholders (e.g. community, business and government) and ability to confidently and professionally engage with and present to community, business and government audiences
- Demonstrated ability to apply highly developed communication skills to persuade, influence and respond to a range of stakeholders including the media
- Ability to work collaboratively in a large matrix organisation. Influence and align cross-functional teams to drive towards key region objectives
- Strong track record of utilising a range of community engagement tools, techniques and forums to achieve and/or exceed community engagement targets on a localised basis.
- Solid customer service skills with the ability to exceed service satisfaction standards
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working with Senior external stakeholders and ability to confidently and professionally engage with and present to senior community, business and industry audiences
- Ability to work autonomously, show initiative and balance competing demands
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to interact with people at all levels effectively
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Proven ability to plan, co-ordinate and follow through on projects
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Highly developed communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with current telecommunications technology developments preferred
Not ready to register? Sign up for our FREE Remote Work 101 Series with resources and tips to get 'remote ready'.
“I have been so happy to see such fantastic roles coming through Pointer. I take great interest following Pointer’s LinkedIn feed, about people not just in regional areas but in the city (such as myself) who are looking to avoid commuting etc and want work/life balance but still want to perform meaningful work. I find your commitment to this outcome for your stakeholders really inspiring. Please keep up the fantastic work and keep the roles coming through!”
Ritika – Pointer candidate
"Finding a part time remote job with Pointer has meant that I have been able to actually be available when my family needs me. Working flexibly means I can get the work done, but can also attend school assemblies!"
Jane - Pointer Candidate
"Thanks Pointer! I'm very excited to be able to work three days from home and do school pick up, it's life changing for me. Over the three days, it saves me about six hours of travel compared to what I was doing before this job"
Ness - Pointer Candidate